jeudi 18 juin 2015

Tuesday June 16th



LAST DAY OF MY EXCHANGE IN AMERICA! It's crazy to think it's all over. I didn't know what to expect when I came, but one thing is sure, it was better than everything I could have imagined! Here are a few reasons why this year was so incredible:
-I was in a great family, that hosted me and treated me like I'd always been there
-I had amazing teachers and I studied in a real high school
-I played sports I didn't know anything about, but I liked each of them and they let me be in teams with amazing teammates!
-I discovered the American culture, so much more than what we think!
-and last but most important, I made incredible friends. I was scared of being alone, but these people changed my life. I didn't know it was possible to become so close to people in such a short time! They are the ones who brought me joy and laugh everyday.
Thank you.
Anyway, after these cheezy notes, I am gonna tell you everything that happened today..
After packing the last things I forgot all over the house, I said goodbye to my host family, and to the Kitchen's who were at our house.
Then Teri mom, Ellen (her friend) and I left for Detroit Airport. We drove 2 and a half hours and after Teri made sure I knew where I was going, they left and I was alone in this big airport. But I love traveling alone! I think it is super exited! I passed the security without any problem (surprisingly) and I arrived just on time at Gate A24 to board my little plane. I was sitting at the end of the plane, by the window, with 2 nice ladies next to me. I was planning on sleeping, but I was way too excited for that!
When I arrived in San Francisco, Jean-François picked me up and we drove through San Francisco. It is such a beautiful city! Everything I saw in the movies: colorful houses, tramway, windy, and golden gate! We drove on it and even stopped to take pictures as a good tourist should do!
We drove 2 hours to Sonoma Valley, even if the trip usually takes 1.15 hour (we were in traffic time). They leave in Glen Ellen, a little “town” 10 minutes away from Sonoma. At the house were Nicole and Julien. They showed me their house, a nice yellow house, and their chicken.
Then I went outside with Julien to get Mint and make tea. After Jonas and Nikita (I haven't seen her in 7 years) came back, we packed for our trip and watched the NBA finals.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire