mercredi 11 février 2015


Wednesday February 11th
This morning, I did a speech over the indian tribe I was working on in ceramics class. I had to talk in front of whole class and it was awful because I could here my own GIANT accent! I don't know if the others were able to understand what I was saying! In my other art class, I finally finished my painting, the one I started before christmas break!
It finally was the time of sectionals.
Our hall of fame in the locker room
After eating a snack in subway, we all got ready to leave. But before we left, Coach Conwell came to talk to tereza and I. He told us that he had a bad new...During sectionals, only 12 players can be registered in the team, and we are 14...As Tereza and I are the “worst” players, he decided not to put our names down. Which means that we still can go with the team, but we aren't allowed to dress in the uniforms, to do warm up with the team, and they don't say our names when they announce the team. I have to say that when I learned that, I was really upset, mad and sad. I felt like they were taking my last game away from me. Because when think about it, wearing the jersey and go to the game process is what make you a player and I wasn't able to do it today. And to be totally honest, I didn't really feel like a real part of the team at this moment. The sport bus what all decorated with banners, cheering posters...We even received a little bag full of candy (yummi) with our number on it.
The game was in a neutral high school in Fort Wayne. While everyone was dressing up and getting ready, Tereza and I...filled the water. It was our job for the entire game, bringing waters to our teammates who were playing. I was upset for the beginning of the game, but then I saw my team playing so hard, and I felt useful (for once) bringing the waters! I finished cheering for them. Unfortunately, even if we fought really hard, we lost by 20 points (what, against the best team of Indiana, isn't too bad). When the seniors got out of the game, everyone stood up, the public too, and we all applauded for them. It was their last game too and everyone was sad for them. At this time, all my bitterness was gone!
In the locker room, Conwell gave us a speech about our season. We won 10 games, what hadn't happened in 10 years for the Eastside Girls Basketball Team, we beat Garett (first time in 15 years)... He said how proud of us he was, he thanks the seniors and he also said how happy he was that he had 2 exchange students in his team, that we improved so much and he was proud of us. At this time, I was already crying!
Nice little message when we came in the room!
But it only got worse when Maddy, one of our leader, gave a speech. As a senior, she said that she couldn't believe all we accomplished this year, that she was happy of playing in this team with these teammates, she said that she knew what we were capable to do for the next years and that she was proud to be a Lady Blazer. (sorry Maddy if I didn't tell it perfectly)
After that, every single player was crying, I saw a lot of people crying for the first time. It was just very moving to realize that it was really over this time.
I seriously cried my eyes out tonight!
But once again, I don't regret anything about this season and I think it's the most important thing. I lived it to the fullest and it will stay unforgettable memories forever.
    The 4 juniors of the team...I will miss Maria and Casey so much!

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire