dimanche 8 février 2015


Friday February 6th
The day of our senior night! It means our last home basketball game, which is in the same time our last game ever. We were all really sad about it because it means that the team will lose its 4 seniors, and for me it means that I won't play with any of these girls anymore. Ever. I went through school normally, but the fun started after school: we had to finish decorating the gym.
They made balls with the players name and we all wrote a little note on them (they made one for Tereza and I too), they made posters, we put balloons and paper chained with the school colors everywhere, seniors had a poster they made with pictures of them...it was a very festive gym! The boys were playing on the same night, so JV boys started. The team we were playing, Hamilton, didn't have a JV girls team (they are too small). For the first time, we were able to wear the stripes pants, the pants that every basketball team has, with school colors. However the boys usually use them so we never had the possibility to wear them.
After boys JV, it was time for the senior recognition. It is the whole point of senior night, thanking the seniors for their devotions and honor them. As Tereza and I won't be here next here either, they decided that we would be recognized as seniors too! I was the first one to go: they called my name, and I walked with Teri mom and Terry dad in the middle of the gym. The coach was waiting for me in the center of the gym. While I was walking, they talked about me, my hobbies, my future plans...Everyone was applauding! The coach gave me a letter and a flower and said he was proud of me. Then we went on the side where Pooh came and gave me the gift the team bought for me. She hugged me and she was crying, what for sure made me cry too. It's so hard to think I won't play with her anymore! My gift was a necklace with a flag of the US, and a 1.9 pound of sour patch kids...800grammes!
Then all the other seniors joined me on the side with the same process. It was a very beautiful moment, I felt proud of what I accomplished and thankful. I will remember this moment forever, that's for sure.
Then we started the game. Hamilton is a pretty bad team, however the game was close until half time. Then we started playing better and we won. The coach even made T and I play the last minute! I was so nervous but also so happy because I thought I was done playing after our last JV game! For one minute, I think I played good. And I had a fantastic opportunity. Casey had the ball, and I made a cut (“the best of the year”, Hannah said (even if I think it was just to make me feel good!)) I was open for my layup, I shot the ball, it turned around the ring...and went out. At the moment when the ball didn't go in I heard a big “Oh!” from the public! I was mad at myself for missing it, but it happens! I had a bad angle and I had a lot of pressure so I didn't shoot perfectly.. However, I thought I would be really upset after that, and I wasn't. Nothing could ruin my night at this moment, I was too happy for that!
We won the game by around 20 points if I remember right.
After the game, in the locker room, the coach said that he was really proud of us, of what we accomplished this season and everyone cried. We took some pictures to remember this night and then we stayed to watch the boys game. They also won.
I feel stupid saying it again and again, but I am really proud of my team and I can't describe how sad I am, each time I think that these are the last moments I spend with these girls.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire