mercredi 18 février 2015



Tuesday February 17th
Today was a special day at school: on the evening, the boys basketball will play in the old gym! This gym hasn't been used since the 1950's, when Butler had its own high school. So the fact that a game is played in it is a big deal over here!
It's not the eastside jacket, but it's an example of these leather jackets everyone wears here. It has the school colors.
Because of that, the entire day was about the 1950's. At school, we had to dress up like people during this time, so I borrowed Teri mom's old leather jacket. (even if it's from the 1980's, we didn't have older!)
Czechie and Swissie and the throwback game!
During my english class, we the tests we did last week...on the 20 people in the class, only 2 of us had a A or a B! Which means that the test was a big fail for everyone...except for me because I was one of the only 2 with a good grade! I had an A! I have to say that I was kind of proud of myself!
I had track practice again, but I still don't know exactly what I want to do, because there are a lot of different activities in track and field! I want to do high jump and a running race, but I don't know between sprint or distance. As last practice I tried sprint, this time I decided to try distance! There were less people, which is good, and only 4 girls! Practice plan: running 50 minutes! When I heard what we were going to do, I though that I would never be able to do it! I don't know if everyone realize...50 minutes of running non stop in the hallways! It's a long time! Surprisingly, I was not tired at all! After 20 minutes of running, most of the people were breathless, and I still felt perfectly fine! The only hard thing was running with volleyball shoes. I haven't bought real running shoes yet, and volleyball shoes are not made to run for a long time..As a result, 2 big blisters that hurt me awfully! I discovered that I had a really good endurance! But i'm still not sure 100% what I wanna do. After these 50 minutes, we stopped and did 10 minutes of abs..but it was a lot harder than the abs we did last practice! So that was a very intense practice, but a good one.
Then I got ready to go to old gym where the boys were playing the throwback game. The gym was super nice, everyone was dressed up like 50's, everyone was very exited, it was very loud. It was even crazier in the student section! It was awesome! We were all cheering, there was a fantastic atmosphere, and I felt this amazing school spirit, the one you can only find in America! Between the Jv and varsity game we even had the chance to meet...Elvis! or at least one of his double! He sand and danced...it was just perfect!
Both jv and varsity won against Woodlan, it really was an awesome night with my friends!
Our old gym
Our amazing student section! try to find estelle! help, she's somewhere in the middle with a shirt color cream..and she's not looking at the camera!

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire