dimanche 12 avril 2015



Saturday April 11th
perfect day! I woke up pretty early for a saturday (8am), but as Mason was awake too, we decided to go play outside. It is now officially spring, we were just wearing a t-shirt and we could see the sun, hear the birds...I love spring, honestly!
He taught me how to play baseball. For a while, we just threw and caught the ball, and he told me I was pretty good at it! Then I learned how to hit it with the bat...I didn't do too bad (not good either), but it hurts! My hand was burning after that!
Finally we did some pitching...There I can for sure say that I sucked! On the entire bucket of balls, I think I threw 2 in the right way!
Before going home, we stopped at Mindy who showed us the amazing Elsa cake she made for a Frozen party.
Yes, it is a cake!
Then, I took my bike, and I rode to the library to get a new book and say hi to Teri mom who was at her quilt group. On the way back, I stopped at Tessje's house to see how she was doing.. She had been sick for a bit, and I hadn't seen her for too long! And as I'm a good friend, I also brought her some desserts! After all that, Tereza's host parents came to pick me up and drive me to her house. Not long after, Abby came pick up Tereza and I and all 3, we wen't to her house to ride her horse!
Abby has her own horse in her backyard, a big white horse...Tereza rode very well, and freaked me out when the horse and her started running toward me! I ran away, screaming, and I jumped on a gate! Then it was my turn, and you could tell that I'm not made to ride horses! It didn't wanna go to the good direction, started to run when I didn't want...But it was a good moment. After that, we stopped quickly at the barn where Abby works and took care of the horses, and we then left to go to church. We went back to Dayspring, the same church I went to a few months ago...the modern church! Once again it was super cool, the rock band singing songs about Jesus, the pastor making jokes and talking very simply, about things from everyday's life...It wasn't boring as the services I went to in Switzerland, and they weren't saying the word “God” every 2 words as I expected. I really liked it!
Rock n'Roll church
Abby had to stay after the service, because she had a meeting about a trip she will do to Nicaragua to the care of kids, and we had to stay with her...It initially was supposed to last 30 minutes...we were there for 1hour45. Boring.
For dinner, we stopped at Dairy Queen, a place I'd never been to before. They are famous for their ice cream and I understand why! It was sooo good! When you buy an ice cream, they will put it upside down, and if it's fall, they give you a new one for free. To show you that their ice cream is real, and not just soft fake preparation.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire