jeudi 9 avril 2015


Thursday April 9th
260 invitations!
During the school day, I went to every junior and senior class with some other girl, to distribute the prom invitations. As we were all part of the prom committee, we had to give a speech and pass them around.
prom invitation, Theme: Enchanted Forest
Then arrived the big event of the day: my first real track meet! I felt sick all day, so I was scared that I wasn't going to run very well, but it actually went amazing!
First, we took pictures for the banners and bottoms, and then we all warmed up until the 2 teams we were competing against arrived. Our meet was home, and we ran against Woodlan and Blackhawk.
My first event was the 800m relay. I was running the first leg, which means, I started the race. We were group of girls from each school. It was way harder that what I thought! An 800m race, is almost a sprint the entire time! I felt awful, I was breathless...I arrived 2nd at the end of my leg, and then I gave the baton to the next girl. We arrived 3rd and last at the end, because I guess, the other girls weren't as fast. I ran this 800m in 2 minutes and 52 seconds which is a really good time, and 9 seconds faster than what I did at practice! New personal record!
Then it was time for high jump. We were 4 girls, 1 from Woodlan and 3 from Eastside. We started at 4'0'' (very low), however, the Woodlan girl wasn't able to pass it! So I was guaranteed a place in the top 3! I cleared 4'2'', 4'4'', and 4'6'' on the first trial. Then came 4'8''...that's the highest i've ever jumped...and I passed it again on the 3rd trial! At this time we were only 2 left: Emma and I. Came 4'10'', what I'd never been able to do...until this night because I cleared it too! I tried 5'0'', and on the third trial, I was only a few centimeters to pass it, but it didn't work...Still 4'10'', I never thought I would be able to do it and I did! Second personal record! I watched a little bit the other event, throwing, long jump, different races, hurdles...and then I had to run my mile (1600m). We were 4 girls: me, and 3 from Woodlan. I asked them how fast they ran usually to know how to run it, and they told me less than 6 minutes! I did 7 minutes 17 seconds during practice! So slow! I was kind of scared, but when I started it it was okay. 2 of the woodlan girls were way in front of me, but I ran faster than the 3rd one, and I even lapped her! I finished with a time of 7 minutes and 6 seconds, 11 seconds faster than what I did at practice. It wasn't amazing, but 11 seconds is a lot! 3Rd personal record!
I had a long time before my last race, and it started to rain...a lot! I felt bad for the people running the 3200m, because they had to do it in the rain and the wind, and it didn't sound fun at all!
The last race was the 4x400m relay. I was 3rd lap. I ran and kept a second place all long. 400m is a dead sprint, what i'd never done before. 4Th personal record (normal, it was the first time I ran it, but still!)
The hardest race was the 800m, the mile wasn't easy either, and I loved high jump. Anyway, it was a super night, I discovered a new sport, way harder than what I used to do, but kind of fun!
And I did big progresses already! Liked it a lot!


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire