samedi 18 avril 2015


Thursday April 16th
Last day at school for the week (we have field trip tomorrow)! During lunch, I left the school to go to a Rotary International meeting. It's an organization like CHI, for exchange students. So I met them at the American Legion center in Butler. There were about 10 people, all between 40-70 years old, they were teacher, librarian, mayor... They asked me questions about my life in Switzerland and here, and we ate there. The food was amazing! I was so happy that I missed the school lunch for that! Taco salad and chocolate cake, yummy! (It lasted for about 1 hour and a half)
we also had our first away track meet at Churubusco. Busco is probably the best team we will run against (they are a really big school), so we knew it was going to be very hard and we were all very nervous...The first race was my 4x800m..and they killed us! We only were 2 groups, one from each school. I am the best runner in our group, and I run a 2'52'', the Busco girls were talking before we started and they said they usually ran a 2'35''! I was freaking out! We lost, they finished 200m in front of us! So when it was time for my 800m, I was scared! I never ran as fast! I ran this race in a 2'46''...6 seconds faster than usually! However it didn't happen as I wanted...I was second the entire race, and I came to the finish line 50m before the third one...there were 2 lines on the floor, and when I passed the first one, I was sure it was the finish line, so I stopped... guess what? It wasn't. I stopped literally 1 meter in front of the real finish line, what gave time to the 3rd one to catch up and pass me. I couldn't believe I had been so stupid!!! I was so disappointed, and mad at myself! I just made my team lose 2 points, because I didn't know which one to stop at. I never had a race fast like this one, I had an amazing time, and I ruined all of it for a freakin stupid mistake.
For high jump, I finished 2nd, I jumped 4'8'', emma did 4'10''.
Our girl team lost by 12 points, which isn't bad at all against the best team we will run against.
SO MADDDDDDDDDDDD AT MYSELF!


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire