mardi 28 avril 2015


Tuesday April 28th
After school, we had our third “away meet”, at Angola. Angola is a huge school, like 3 times our size! It's always harder to run against big schools, because as they have a lot more people to chose from, the runners are usually really good... It was a very nice day, sunny and warm. I ran the 4x800m relay again. I was first leg (first runner), and surprisingly, I kept up with my Angola rival! I even passed her! However the other girls of my team didn't and so we lost. Then I did my high jump. I did better than saturday! (in a way, I sucked so bad on saturday that it wasn't really hard to do better!) I jumped 4'8'', my average height.
Finally the event I was the most nervous about: my 800m. We were 7 runners. 3 from Eastside, and 4 from Angola. After the first lap, I was second, and the girl in front of me was like 20m in front. This girl, Laura, is also an exchange student from CHI. I know her really well, I went to Chicago and on the cruise with her. When I saw her in front of me, I decided that there was no way she was going to beat me, so I gave everything I had, I made up the 20 meters (which in a race is a lot!) and I passed her! I kept up my sprint until the end of the race and...I GOT 1st! I was so proud of myself, I'd never won a race before!
So I was nervous for nothing, it actually was a really good day!
Way to progress in track!
PS: Even if at the beginning of the season, I didn't feel quite as open with my track team as I was with my basketball one, now it is much better. I make jokes with the coaches all the time, I talk to a lot more people... Track is hard but definitively fun!
(1st! 1St! 1St! 1St! 1St! 1St! 1St!!!!!!!!!)

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire