mardi 14 avril 2015


Tuesday April 14th
Meet day! My second real meet... We competed against Fremont and Hamilton. It was a really nice weather, warm and sunny. We started the meet with the 800m relay..and we were the only team! Neither Fremont or Hamilton had enough girls to run, so before even starting we knew we were 1st! We could have just jogged it, but we tried to run it as a real race. However, it's harder to go fast when you have no one to compete with! I did 4 seconds slower than last time. Then after a long time, I had my 800m race. We were 2 from Eastside, and 2 from Fremont. I finished it 2nd! With the same time (2minutes52seconds) as last time. I was proud! Then I went to high jump...I jumped 4'8'' but I couldn't pass 4'10''...not amazing! However Emma (who usually is amazing) did even worse than me so I actually finished 1st! At the end of the season, if we have 12 varsity points, or if we are one of the 2 best in an event, we receive a letter, a distinction for great work. And with today's wins, I already passed it! And i'm also the 2nd best in high jump so I have it for sure!
There was such a good atmosphere during the meet between everyone, even with the other teams, and I always feel happy and appreciated during these events! Love it!

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire