lundi 11 mai 2015

Saturday May 9th
We had the Goshen Relay meet. All the girls who were picked to participate (2 best ones in every event) met at 6.45 school. I am the best one for the 800 and second best for high jump so I had to go... After 2 hours of bus, we arrived at Goshen High School, a really big school (1'100 people). It was only a girl meet, but there were a lot of different schools (14?) and at least 300 girls!
This special meet was only relays. We started with high jump. Pooh, Emma and I all jumped, and at the end they added the heights. I only jumped 4'6'', Pooh only did 4'0'', however Emma jumped 5'2''! thanks to her, we got 2nd! For the distance relay, the distances were 1200m, 400m, 800m, 1600m. I was the 800m. When the girl gave me the stick, we were last and the other girls were at least 100m in front. It is hard to be motivated when you know that you won't be able to catch up with anyone! As a result, I ran 5 seconds slower than my Personal Record. 1 hour later, we ran the 4x800m. I was last leg again (hate it). And once again, the other girls in my group are so slow that when it was my turn to run, I was 200m after everyone, so no motivation. I didn't drink a lot during this warm day, and I just ran a race so I didn't feel really good, and I didn't have any energy. 5 minutes later, I was back on the track for the intermediate relay 5 minutes! After 2 800m, I was dead, and when I started to run, I almost couldn't stand on my feet. It was so frustrating! I knew that usually I could have gone so much faster, but there, I just couldn't! It was so frustrating.
At the end I did a pretty amazing sprint, and I passed 3 girls!

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire