mercredi 6 mai 2015


Tuesday May 4th
Everyone called me “Prom Queen” each time they saw me at school! It was kind of embarrassing, but nice to hear! After school we had our last dual meet, which means, us against one team. The only other meet we are going to have are either relays or championships. We ran against Garrett, Eastside's biggest rival, however our coaches didn't make us run our habitual events, they put us in things we never ran before, as a “workout” (I still don't understand why they did that). Anyway, it didn't change to much for me, except that I ran last leg for the 4x800 (I hate being last leg, but the girl who was last leg before complained so much that they put me in her spot..)
When the 3rd girl gave me the baton, my opponent was already 100m in front of me. How am I supposed to catch up 100m in a 800m race?? It was really hard mentally, because I knew we weren't going to win, so I just wanted to jog the end, but I pushed myself to finish and I ran a 2'48'', only 3 seconds slower than my PR.
The rain was pouring, we were all wet, and at the end of the national anthem, we all saw lighting. It was too dangerous to stay on this open field with lighting, so we all ran to get our bags, and we went into the locker rooms.
It was actually an awkward situation, all of us, with the Garrett girls (school we really dislike) in a tiny room. I expected it to be hard situation, but we actually all talked and it was nice. We spent 45 minutes in there, waiting for the thunderstorms to go away, and while everyone expected the meet to be cancelled, they made us go back in the rain and finish it! I didn't do bad at high jump, I kept my average height (4'8'') and I was really close to pass 4'10'' (my record), my butt passed the bar, but I knocked it down with my elbow :(
At the 800m, I finished 2nd with a time of 2'49''. It isn't an amazing time, but the other girls didn't do amazing either so it was fine with me. I also had to run the 4x400m, the last race of the meet. I was freezing, and I didn't get my time, but I don't think that I did too bad.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire