vendredi 15 mai 2015


Friday May 15th
Finally the day we all waited for! NECC (North East Corner Conference) finals! We arrived at Angola at 4.30pm, and 30 minutes later, we started with the field events (everything that is not running). At high jump, there were 13 girls. We started at 4'4''. I passed on the first trial. Then 4'6'', first trial too. Came 4'8'', my “average” height. And surprisingly, I passed it on the first trial too! We were only 8 left after that, but I didn't make it farther. I thought too much, and I didn't jump naturally. However, Emma passed it. She actually did really good...because she won! She cleared 5'4''! This is VERY high! 1m63! Emma is 2015 NECC high jump champion! I am so proud of her! I finished 8th, which I'm happy with, as the 8 first people score and get a ribbon!
After an hour, I had to run my 800m. I was in the first heat (I think it was for the slowest people...)
I started way faster, and even if I wasn't in the first ones during the first lap, for the second one, while people slowed down, I kept a good speed, and I passed a few people. 300M before the end, I was 4th. I passed 2 girls to come in 2nd position, and at the end of the race, I was only 2 meters behind the 1st one!
My goal for this race was to run 1 second faster that my PR (2minutes 45 seconds)...well I reached my goal, because I PR by 5 SECONDS!!! I don't know if you realize, but 5 seconds on a 2 minutes race is A LOT! I ran a 2'40''25''' ...Oh and my coach said he would shave his beard if I was under 2'40''.. I was 0.25 seconds close! But we still have sectionals next tuesday, so I will make him shave it! Overall, our girls track team finished 7th out of 13 teams. For a small school like us, it is really good.
Back in the bus at 9pm, we received 10 pizzas from the team moms as a recompense! Last incident of the day, before leaving the school, I took one of the cake filled with cream we had, and I splashed it on Emma's face! Well I should have run faster, because she splashed one right back on mine!
I was really proud of the job I accomplished today, and also proud of everyone, because they worked really hard! Go Blazers!

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire