lundi 2 mars 2015


Friday 27th February 2015
Very good day today! After 2nd period, all the girls in the basketball team left for a last team bonding activity. We took the bus to Butler elementary. There we met our pen pals, the little kids we have talked to by letter these past months. My pen pal, Zoe, was super nice! She talked non stop and was super funny! With this cute little girls, I played games, she read me a book she made, we played games on her Ipad, and she told me about her life. It was a super moment! After one hour, we said goodbye and we left them. We them went the Butler Public Library. We had a book called “the book with no images”. Every girl on the team read 2 pages, and they recorded us. Then they will put the video on youtube and the kids will be able to listen to the team reading the book. It was a very fun moment, and we laughed a lot with this reading time! Everyone was very hungry so we ordered pizzas that we ate at the library.
At noon, we went to Riverdale elementary, the school that's in St.Joe. There, I had 3 pen pals. We received a book that we had to read to them and then make a book trailer. My 3 pen pals were Helen, Laney and Grace. There were 3 super sweet girls, and we immediately got along very well. I read them the book called “peeping beauty” (there even were some french words in it). It was about a hen who dreamed to become a ballerina. We made a super nice book trailer, and with the time we had le
Helen, me, Laney and Grace
ft, they showed me where their house was on Google Maps, and I showed them mine in Switzerland!
I really had a great time, and spending the day with my teammates remembered me how much I miss basketball already...
During practice, I only ran 10 minutes with distance because the coach took me to the high jump practice. This is definitively something I love! And I'm good at it! This time I even jumped 4'4'' (1m22). I was so happy and surprised that I was able to do it! Then he put the bar at 4'6'', the heat they practice with for the competitions, but it seemed so high that I kind of freaked out! I messed up my steps, so I never arrived with the good foot in front of the bar! Very nice day! 
PS: I don't know if this happened in Switzerland too, but here, everyone is talking about the DRESS: a dress that certain people see blue and black and others white and gold... what color do you see it? 
 

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire