vendredi 27 mars 2015


Friday March 27th
Finally time for Spring Break! I woke up, super excited, and finished to pack my little suitcase. After saying goodbye to my family I went to Bri's house where I met her mom, Charlene, Patty (her mom's friend), Matt (her son) and Evan (Bri's boyfriend I went skiing with).
The ride to North Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, is super long...14 hours! I don't think I've ever driven for more than 4 hours, so I hope I won't be too annoying for the others in the car with me!
We left around 8am, drove down to Dayton, OH, Cincinnati, OH, stopped somewhere in Virginia to eat and went back on the road! We also passed through West Virginia, in the mountains/ big hills (size du Salève). Even if it looks a bit sad with all these trees without leaves, it's good to change a bit from the boring landscapes of Indiana!
After 5 hours, it started to be long, and we got tired of driving! We watched a movie, slept a bit...It's hard to really realize how big the distances are in America! Going through 4 states as we did today is about the same time as going to the south of Italy form Geneva (I think, I'm not really good for this kind of stuffs). It kind of looked like Switzerland in some places!
9 hours later, we finally arrived in Mount Airy, a little town in North Carolina. We visited a little bit, this town is mostly known because they filmed a TV show, Andy Griffth in the 1960's.
We ate at Ruby Tuesday, a very good little restaurant, and then went to our hotel.
We were all very tired after this long day of driving, so after talking a little bit, we went to bed pretty quickly.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire