samedi 14 mars 2015


Saturday March 14th
First meet for track! As every first meet in every sport I tried, I was crazy nervous. We met at the school at 8.30 this afternoon, got our uniforms and got on the bus to Trine University, where they have an indoor track. It was a state qualification meet. People from dozens of schools came to run and tried to get best time. The first event for the girls was high jump, one of my events. During practice, I never jumped more than 4'4'' (1m32), but there, the height to start with was 4'6'' (1m37)...The difference maybe doesn't sound very big, but when you have to jump it, it is!
The referee called every girl, and then, we had 3 tries. If we didn't pass the bar after these 3 tries, we were out. The first girl went, and she missed...then, even if I was sure to miss, I jumped and..I PASS IT! On the first try! All my teammates applauded for me and it was the best feeling ever! I couldn't believe it! Then, we passed to 4'7'' (1m39). There were only around 6 girls left. I jumped, and missed my first try. However I passed the second one..4'7''! New personal record! Finally, we were only 3 left, and they put the bar at 4'8'' (1m42) . Guess who made it..I DID!!! the referee then came talked to us and said that, they can't said we jumped higher than 4'8 on the papers, so if we wanna continue, we were going to go 2 by 2. So we didn't do 4'9''(1m44) and went directly to 4'10'' (1m.47) It is very high! I tried my best, and I was really close, but I couldn't pass it.
I was so proud of myself! I didn't believe I could pass 4'6'' and I did 4'8 and almost 4'10!
Then there were other events and race that I wasn't doing: long jump, throwing, pole vault, hurdles, races for sprint, some for distances, relay...The last event of the day was the Distance Medley. There are 4 girls running: one runs 1200m, one 400m, one 800m, and the last one 1600m. I was the one supposed to run 1600m. We were around 7 different teams of 4, and then, the 1200 runner started to run...however, ours (maggie), after 100m she had asthma and she had to stop what disqualified all of us. So I didn't have the chance to run any race today. I was a bit disappointed, but so happy with my high jump that I went over it.
Then I received another good new: our coach got the rank for every event and for high jump I AM 30th IN STATE! The 30th best one in Indiana! For a first meet I guess it's pretty good!
Everyone did pretty good, and we were all happy at the end of this first competition.
Back home, I played with Gabby outside, and then with the neighbors. We played soccer, basketball, kems... I played outside during 3 hours. The weather starts to be really nice now: it gets warmer and we can say that spring is coming. I love it!

After that, I went on a bike tour around town with Delaney. We went all around butler, riding and talking, with the evening sun on us, and we even stopped in a park where we played on the playground for a bit... It was a super nice moment with my sister!

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire