lundi 16 mars 2015


March 16th 2015
Spring weather today! It felt awesome: 20Celcius all day! However, during track practice, there was a little bit of wind, so still nice to run! After that, we got ready for the event I've been waiting for forever...the winter awards banquet. Officially closing the basketball season!
We all met in the cafeteria, still A LOT of food (I got to plates full!) and then the coaches gave their speeches. Conwell said that he was really proud of all the work our team accomplished, and he started giving awards. There were 3 awards: one for best teammate (bethany), one for getting after the ball (maddy) and one for most improved player. Usually there is only one player for every award, but this one, Conwell decided to give it to Tereza and I. He said that we were definitiely the most improved of the team, that we went from no knowing the difference between our right and left hand to be able to make baskets during a game...Finally he said that we both had one because we were a team inside the team, T and I, and we both deserved it. He said that even now that we are not playing basketball, he would still be here for us and hope to see us again! Conwell isn't a coach who shows a lot of emotions, so it felt so good to hear all that!
We then went in the hospitality room to finish our meeting. T and I made a video presentation about our season with this amazing team, and we showed it to the team. We even made CD to give them. It made me cry. Again. Just seeing all these moments I spent and saying thank you to these girls I will never play with again...
The seniors finally each gave a little speech that made us cry even more! Seeing our leaders talking and crying...it was definitively an emotional evening!
After that, I went outside to wait for Teri mom who was coming to pick me up. It was still warm outside (I was just wearing a skirt and I felt good), I was sitting alone in the parking lot, with this amazing sunset, and I don't know how to explain the feeling I had at this exact moment...I was just happy! I felt calm, and I realized that if someone asked me to change something in my life, I would probably not change anything! It sounds a bit stupid to say, but I LOVE MY LIFE AS IT IS!
To resume it, it was a perfect night.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire