lundi 9 mars 2015


Sunday March 8th 
THE DAY I WAS WAITING FOR!!! SKI DAY! I was supposed to leave at 7am, however my alarm didn't work, and it's Terry dad who woke me up at 6.50...i don't know how I did it, but in 10 minutes, I was ready to go! Bri came to pick me up, and we went to Auburn to pick up Tereza who came with us. All together, we drove to Kendallville, to meet Bri's boyfriend, Evan (who also came skiing with us). He was super nice and, after changing car (for an enormous american pick up!) we were ready to rock it!
The drive was 2 hours long. During this time, we talked a bit with Evan, and I discovered that he was fan of Federer! We totally agreed on the fact that he was the best!
We stopped at BurgerKing to buy breakfast and then we arrived at Bittersweet (same place I was last week with Stephanie). It was a beautiful day! The sky was blue and sunny, it was super warm (over 0celcius) and to make it even better, I was with some of my bestfriends..I don't know what could have made this day better! We started on the baby hill, because it was only the second time bri skied and the first for Evan. However they go it pretty fast! Bri kept falling when we started, but only because she didn't really turn and she lost control of her skis. She fell pretty bad a few time, with her head hittting the ground, so as I didn't want her to get a concussion, I gave her my helmet. And hopefully for her, Tereza and I are amazing teachers! Jk, we explained to her how to use her weight and her sticks to turn and soon she was able to ski without falling!
Because of the sun, the snow was really crappy, in most parts it was slushy, but also icy some places else...
We skied from 10am to 4.30pm- an entire day of pure happiness! I enjoyed every minute of it!
We still had to say goodbye to this place of freedom... We stopped at the donut place I discovered with Stephanie, and at Bdubs, to eat dinner. We didn't get home before 9.15pm.
Another of these days that remember me why I decided to become an exchange student in America.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire