samedi 24 janvier 2015



Saturday January 24th
with all my friends (i'm the one with the fluorescent shirt)
We watched the movie “The life of Pi” this morning, and right after, I left with Kendall and Tessje to go rollerskating. There, we met Abby and Tereza. The place was exactly like in the movies, a wooden track, with a disco bowl on the ceiling, and music.
Sorry for the bad picture...
We all rent our skates and let's try this! I can't even remember last time I did roller skating! I just know that it was pretty bad! I really struggled the first 15 minutes, I almost fell at least a hundred times! Tessje did!

Tereza and I, always with my be!



After a while I understood how it worked and I was able to do it right and faster. It was a great moment with all my friends, 2 hours of complicity and fun. I'm happy in these moments that I decided to come in the US! After that, we ate at Applebee's, a restaurant between real restaurant and fastfood. The time our plates arrived, we realized that we wouldn't have time to eat on time to do our next activity. But instead of giving up, we just ate as fast as we could! An entire plate, pastas, shrimps and broccolis, all gone in 4 minutes! (we counted) With this record, we had time to go to the next part of our plan...church! I honestly haven't been to church for like 5 years (other than for visiting), so I didn't really know what to expect. However, Abby told me that it was a “modern church”, a “fun” church. First it didn't look like a church at all! It looked more like a social hall! And when we came inside it was even more different...There was a big scene in front of the room, the rest was full of chairs..but no one was sitting: everyone was standing and singing with...the rock band! It wasn't a boring pasteur giving his sermon...it was a rock band singing songs about Jesus and Holly God! There were 3 big screens behind them like this the public could sing with them. Even if I'd never heard these songs before, I was able to sing all of them! And there were no crucifix, no cross, no picture of Jesus or pictures from the Bible.

What we ate in 4 minutes!
 The church from outside
ROCK BAND!

 Just found these amazing pictures of Tereza and I during this day...
Seriously I don't know what I would do without her...

Even if I describe myself as a christian, I still don't really know what I believe, in who I believe...I'm still searching for my spirituality. However I really enjoyed this church moment! At a moment, the pasteur asked us to think to a difficult part of our life where we would like God to help us. He said, if something is hard at work, if you have family issues, if you have problem at school...I thought about that a moment, and then I realized that I had nothing to ask for! All my life is amazing, and I don't wanna change anything about that! I have 2 wonderful families, friends who love me in 2 different countries, I have good grades, I have a fun life...
So it made me want to thanks everyone I know for being part of this life I love, for making it possible to not wanna change anything! (not sure this sentence really means anything)
To come back to my day, after church we went to Steak'n Shake, this fast food that makes AMAZING milkshakes. Seriously they just are delicious! After a big Cookie milkshake, we sat and talk a bit...I did something stupid but funny, and we just started laughing really hard. When I say really hard it means that the whole restaurant was staring at us, that my abs hurt and that I cried, all that because I was laughing! I couldn't stop laughing, and laughing and my eyes were wet... It was a great time. To end perfectly this day, we went to the boys basketball game. They played Central Noble (the team we played yesterday) and they won. I finished the evening at Kendall's house, with Abby, Tereza, and Tessje. 

 As a bonus, I even found these pictures of Abby taken during this day..I'm sure she's gonna hate me for that, but it was too funny! Love you Abby!

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire