mardi 21 octobre 2014


Sunday 19th of October
Last day in Chicago.. I'm sad, it was so good! But I was decided to enjoy this last day as much as I could ! And I did! First we woke up in our amazing hotel... I slept like a baby, no dirty sheets, no drunk guys.. perfect! We had a delicious breakfast, pancakes, fruits, bread, cakes... At 10.15 we all met in the hall to take the bus.. but Queen was late so missed the bus and we all had to wait 20 more minutes. We were all kind of mad because we lost time for our last day for a stupid reason! But 20 minutes after we finally took the bus to the airport where we took the subway to downtown. Here we separated in 2 groups: The first one will go to the aquarium and the museum (both are expensive) and the second group will go to the Chicago zoo(free). I decided to go to the zoo because all the exchange students I like went there and because I already saw a lot of aquariums so I didn't really care. So I left to the zoo with all 6 North Indiana's students and 5 from South Indiana. We even found the “Geneva avenue”! In chicago!
geneva street !
It was the perfect weather, all trees were orange, it wasn't too cold..it even smelled fall! I love this smell! We finally arrived at the Chicago Lincoln Zoo. Like we had to carry our bags all day, we rent 2 carts to put our bad in.

We began by seeing tigers and lions. We were hungry so we bought pretzels that “tasted like german pretzels” (the german girls told us that). We also saw the gorillas..they were my favorite! They are so intelligent! We then arrived on a bridge in the middle of the zoo... the view looked exactly like Central Park. So beautiful!


Like I wanted a memory of this day, I went to the photo booth where I took pictures with Laureen, Kendall and Tessje. They are really funny! We finished our visit by seeing the giraffes and otters (!). Then we just went to tired to walk to our next stop so we decided to take a taxi. We had to separate in 3 groups. One went with Stephanie, one with Kendall (because she's american and speaks english) and one with me because...I don't know why! I'm always scared by the taxi drivers so I discretely looked at his license to know his name... Something-B.-Ali! Stupid but we laughed about that after! The taxi is really cheap ! Less than 10 bucks for 5 people! He drove us to the Cheesecake factory, a really good cheesecake restaurant. I think I ate cheesecake here for the first time and it was..amazing! In the shop, there were at least 20 differents cheesecake flavors, all looked amazing. I took Key lime and I just loved it !
Then the girls from South Indiana left to join the rest of their group and we left to the train station (our train was 2 hours before theirs). On our way, we found one of these guys that paint their face and stay without moving for a long time. He was really good! We were too lazy to continue to walk so we took another taxi to McDonald. Like I talked about my chicken nuggets all weekend long, we finally went just for me!

I ate 22 chicken nuggets just for me.. I felt fat at this moment!
Our train this time had 2 floors and we went on the second...so comfortable that I fell asleep immediately! At home, I quickly tell everybody about what I did in Chicago before going to bed.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire