mardi 21 octobre 2014


Saturday October 20th
I have to tell what happened during the night... Stephanie told us she went to the bathroom and she stepped on puke... then a drunk guy was sitting in the middle of the hallway, in his underwear and he was laughing because he was locked out... so time to leave this hostel! Stephanie managed to have her money back and we left. As we needed to find a place to have breakfast, we went to McDonald where I had pancakes and a disgusting hot chocolate. We took the subway during 45 minutes to go to our next hotel and we discovered it was...an Hampton Inn ! Clean, free coffee, towels, no drunk people, nice staff.. perfect hotel! We had 20 minutes to install and then we left to join the boys and Elizabeth who already were at the bean. When we arrived downtown..I finally saw one of the things I wanted to see the most..THE SILVER BEAN! 
a swiss girl in chicago !
Of course I took 200 pictures because I mean, it's THE thing everybody wants to see! And it's why I was so surprise that almost nobody here knew about it! After the bean, it was shopping time! We walked all long on the Michigan Avenue. I already said it but..OMG it really looked like New York! All these skyscrapers, in the fall colors, the american flags everywhere, all these famous shops everywhere.. It's awesome!
We walked during at least 30 minutes and then we arrived at the water tower, one of the only monuments that stayed after the Chicago fire. We separate again in different groups, I stayed with my NI girls. I knew we were supposed to mix more but I felt so good with the girls I already knew that I didn't want to go with other girls! We decided to go to the mall and eat there, in M Burger. I've never tried before but it's pretty good and cheap! We began to go on different shops, Forever 21, Wetseal, American Eagle, Body shop... All amazing places! In body shop, I wanted to buy a body cream but I didn't know which one so I just tried all! At the end I couldn't smell anything anymore! So I didn't buy anything. And as I wanted to be careful with my money because I already spent a lot, I decided to not buy anything today. In sephora, I also tried all make ups! The staff looked at me so bad because they knew I wasn't going to buy anything but...fun to do! Finally I returned buying one of the cream I found before, and not in purpose split a whole box of cream on the floor! Fortunately I wasn't in trouble. Then we separate again, I just stayed with Laureen. We hung out a bit together, doing more shopping...and then it was time to go meeting the others in the restaurant. As we didn't want to pay a taxi, we decided to walk the 30 minutes back. It was another magic moment...walking in the street in Chicago, it was cold outside but we were warm with our big winter coats and a hot coffee in our hands...I felt this amazing feeling, the same that I feel at Christmas time! I felt as if it was christmas...I was so happy! Another magic moment..I just loved this atmosphere! On our way to the restaurant, we stopped at the bean. There were almost nobody this night ! We took other pictures, it was awesome ! Then we had to search a bit for the restaurant but it wasn't very far and we met the rest of the group. The restaurant, “Giordano's” is very famous in Chicago for their amazing pizzas...and they actually were amazing! It was the biggest pizzas I've ever seen! Like 6 cm large! And soooooo good !
huge pizzas hein?
When we finally finished, we came back to our amazing hotel...and we took a shower because this time we had towels and a giant, and CLEAN bed! We all slept like babies!

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire