mardi 23 septembre 2014


Monday 22nd of September
Return to school! Nothing special about the classes, the good thing arrived after... We had our volleyball practice (not too bad, I begin to like to coach) and then the other girls from varsity told me that they were going to the fair to see Kylie (she's in volleyball too) who's going to be on a fashion show to try to become Miss Delalb 2014! (dekalb is the area where Butler is). I have to explain what is the fair... it's kind of a festival where people show their animals. But the young people first go to eat (there's really good food) and do the roundabout (manèges). It seems like nothing for me but it's a really big deal here... it's THE thing! Before going to the fair, we stopped at a mexican restaurant, and like all the american places it was so cheap ! We shared a big tacos plate with tess and it was 2$ each ! We couldn't even finish it! Then we left the car at Maddie and Tereza's house and we walked during 10 minutes to join the fair. We arrived just in time to see the show begins. The girl we were cheering for was number 10 and she was really beautiful. We had big posters for her and we screamed so loud! We also meet Stephanie (CHI coordinator) who was here for another girl. Kylie didn't win but she was at the 3rd place.
Tessje and I were supposed to come back with Hailey (a volleyball girl) but she left before the end so we were..without any ride to come back home! Hopefully, Ethan, Landon and Emma were here and as they live in Butler, they asked us if we wanted them to bring us back. (don't worry, I knew them they weren't strangers..)The ride was really funny, we talked, sang...except for the time when we rolled on an opossum! I heard the bones! I came back kind of late (23:00) because of this little... surprise! I didn't think it would be so long! I thought it would be around 1 hour, not 3! It was a really cool night !

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire