vendredi 28 novembre 2014


Thursday November 27th
Playing air hockey
HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE! I am so thankful for both my families, my swiss and my american one to be here for me all the time, for my friends to support and help me, and for this amazing exchange year I'm able to live! Thanks!!!
To go back to my diary, I was so exited to experiment this new american tradition! And for that we don't have school thursday and friday...4 days weekend! When I woke up (late!), I helped Teri mom to finish to prepare food that we will have to bring for lunch. I actually only put some mayonnaise in the eggs with a “poche à douille”... It was really ugly to see! There were big parts of food stucked in the “poche” so each time I tried to squeeze it..it poped out everywhere! But for a first time I could do worse! Then I dressed up nice and Delaney decided to curve my hair. I took forever! And as we were late, we didn't have time to finish it so I had one part of my hair curved and the other part straight! We left to go eat lunch with Terry dad's family in Edgerton. They weren't as many as Teri mom's side, we were about 25. As I expected there were...a lot of food! And when I say a lot, it means, 4 tables full of food! Of course a turkey, but also mashed potatoes, beans...and pumpking pie! I've never eaten it before and to be totally honest it didn't look amazing but it was actually yummy! I loved it! But not as much as Teri mom pumpkin mosse! This one was the best ever! We played a bit outside, basketball and baseball...but it was really cold so we decided to go back in quickly. It was snowing so much! We also played board games with their cousins. I remember playing one of these games at home when I was younger: Crocodile dentist. We have to push the teeth until we find the wrong one and then the crocodile closes his mouth and “bite” us. I was maybe 4 years old when I played it but I still remember!


When we finally left, around 5 hours later, I couldn't eat anything else! I was just too full! We came back home to take everything we needed to go shopping! There is this famous American tradition, called Black Friday where every store has incredible sales, usually, -50% or -75%!
searching for good deals in the magazines
Traditionally it started on friday morning, like 5 in the morning, everybody came to the doors and waited for the opening. But they moved it to Thursday night to have more sales and as it's Thanksgiving night, not as many people come as it was before. But even with that, when we arrived, there were lines outside! We went first to Kohl's. There were so many people! I was almost running in the store to take all the things I needed! I founded a ski jacket, blue and warm..for 29.99$! The original price was 180$! That's what I call sales! I also found a warm polar for 8.99$, ugs for 25$ (they were 90 before!), and speakers for 14$. We had to wait in a long line, and then we went to the mall for more shopping! We separated in 3 groups and with Delaney we went to JcPenny were I found a dress for 17$ (was 60$). By the way, delaney was walking in the store and she stopped to look at some clothes...but as soon as she touched clothing rack, it all fell on the floor, with all the clothes on it! We left really fast to not be in trouble! We also went to Macy's where I found a kaki for the days we have to dress up for basketball (12$, before 44$). This Black Friday is such a big event that there were 2 DJs...in the middle of the store!
We finally went to UniversiTees, a store where we can find a lot of items with universities logos. I bought a red sweatshirt with “Indiana” written on it. We finished our shopping trip in Target where I found a first Christmas gift for my siblings.
After my shopping trip...

On the way back, Terry dad had to drive really slow because the roads were really icy and we saw 2 trucks in the ditch. We didn't go to bed before 2am, talking with Delaney and listening to Harry Potter audio book.
First Black Friday shopping


lines all over the store


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire