jeudi 6 novembre 2014


November 6th 2014
I had to wake up earlier to go retire some cash because I will need to pay things today. So I was really tired at school! I almost fell asleep during each period! Hopefully Mrs. Stephens had chocolate and candy for me! During ressource, we had a spanish club meeting where we decided which shirt we wanted. Then I went to the Amnesty International meeting. They meet every week in the french class to sign petitions...I didn't know that! I took the petitions to sign and the one we had to rewrite and before leaving, I talked a bit with the french teacher. I began to talk to him in english but then he asked me if I was the exchange student speaking french and we began to speak in french. It was really weird! And what was scary was that while I was talking, I had to focus to remember certain french words! I mean in a way that's good because it means I speak english good enough but in another way...I'm losing my french! We began a movie in government, “Double Jeopardy”... We loved this movie! It was so exiting ! And when we had to stop because it was the end of the period, everybody was so disappointed that we will have to wait until tomorrow to know the end!(FOR EVERYBODY WHO WOULD READ THAT..WATCH THE MOVIE! )
After school, we didn't have practice because it was picture day. We took pictures for the school website, some just for us, some to be print on bottoms, some team pictures and one for our banner. Because we all are going to have a big bander with a picture of us! A GIANT ME IN THE GYM ! That's so cool!
Then we warmed up before the scrimmage. A basketball scrimmage is in 5 quarters (usually it's 4), each quarter during 12 minutes. So 1 hour of running! Me and Tereza didn't play until the last quarter and we actually didn't think we were gonna play at all! But at the beginning of the last quarter the coach said we were gonna rotate and play the whole last quarter! I asked Tereza to begin because I was really nervous and I wanted to watch more but then I didn't have excuses anymore so I went! I PLAYED MY FIRST BASKETBALL GAME ! (I know it's only a scimmage but it still counts like a game for me). I was lost on the court because I didn't know where to go and how to defend but I didn't play so bad.. I mean I've only played 10 days of basketball in my whole life and tonight I played a game with Varsity! I even had a rebond! (they miss the shoot, you jump and catch the ball and then you try to keep it) and I kept it! I was really proud of that! At the very end, we didn't have time anymore so they just shouted “SHOOT!” and I was really lost, I didn't know what to do so I shot the worst shot ever in the basketball history! But it wasn't so important because we still won, I played good and I was really happy! Then everybody came to congratulate me and tell me I played really well! At home Gavin even told me I was the one with the loudest cheers when I did something good!
Our managers


the coaches (main coach, Conwell in the middle)

Une équipe très soudée !
TEAM PICTURES !!! (i'm 5th on the left)


I'm the last one on the left in the middle

Our seniors this year


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire