samedi 22 novembre 2014


November 22nd 2014
I woke up at 7 for basketball practice...and went back to sleep when I received a text telling me it was actually at 9.30! But at 10 I had to leave (which wasn't too bad because we were just running!) because we went to a college football game! We had to leave early because it was at Notre Dame, more than 2 hours away from the house. We went with Maggie and Lancs, some of the 200 cousins. There, we had a portable barbecue where we cooked some hamburgers for lunch.
hamburger party in the parking!

I finally discovered the Notre Dame campus! It's a really beautiful university!
Some pictures of the campus (bad weather)


All buildings look like old british houses, there are 2 lakes in the middle of the campus...I also saw the church. They tried to make it look like Notre Dame in Paris but I think it doesn't look the same at all! However it's really beautiful inside.
the golden dome (administration)

the church like in Paris

 inside the church
I  saw “Touchdown Jesus”, a picture of Jesus who has his arms as if he was showing a touchdown.
touchdown jesus!
One of the most impressing thing, was to see the band playing. It's one of the best in all american universities! They are so many! They played new musics like “cool kids”; “shake it off”...but also traditional ones like the Notre Dame victory march.
some videos of the band playing the ND victory march and the second one, the school song


A big band!
Finally I saw the stadium...HUGE! It can host 80'750 people!
a big stadium full of football fans! 
We played against the cardinals from Louisville. We had reserved seats because our family had season passes. But just in the rank before us were a lot of cardinal's fans...REALLY ANNOYING! I loved the whole atmosphere in the stadium..it's so awesome! And as it was at home, most people were for Notre Dame. Unfortunately, we lost by 3 points...






Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire