dimanche 3 août 2014

August 2nd


My first post in English ! 

Saturday 2nd of August
Today is the weekend! I could sleep until 9:00. I had breakfast and I began to read my English book : « the fault is our stars ». I don't understand everything I read, but it seems to be a good book (it's the favorite of Sydney). After that, I went to the CHI meeting. I met Elizabeth who's the Indiana coordinater. Stephanie was there as well as two other exchange students and an old exchange student who was here to tell us how her experience was. They reminded us the rules to follow, and they gave us advice (like writing in English!). We talked about our first days in the USA. When we finished, I went shopping with Sydney and Teri. I only buy one thing because the shop was not very cheap. We came back at home to have lunch and then we prepared to go to a big lake to see their aunt's house. We swam and played in the water. I was in a golf car, and we went to the park with their cousin. They showed me the baseball diamond and explained to me how it works. It's a little bit like the « Balle Brûlée » but more complicated ! After that we came back home, they tried to explain me how to play at American football but it's definitly too complicated for me !
Gavin and Mason showed me the frogs they caught too. Then we had dinner and I discovered that I could like the brussel sprouts (choux de brussels) ! Teri cooks them very good and it's the first time I finished them !
We played a while with the dogs and then we prepared us to go to a movie which is planned outside. The movie was « god's not dead », to summery, it's a boy who doesn't want to accept that his teacher think that God's dead so he decided to prove it. In any case it's what I understood !
It began to rain, and we had to continue the movie in the church. It's the first time for... 3 years ? that I went to a church !
When the movie finished, we were all very tired so we just came back home to sleep.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire